insist: the summer bucket list
Happy first day of summer! I hear it's also International Day of Yoga (namaste!), and National Wear Your Lilly Day (cheers!).
I'd been seeing this Summer Bucket List concept in various places on social media; so I decided this season to join in. Because why not?! Making a list of fun stuff to do during the awesome season of summer seemed like a good way to INSIST on making the most of the next few months.
For the record, my "summer" runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day, which means I have a bit of a headstart on this list; but there is still plenty to be done in the next couple of months:
- Stand-up paddleboarding
- Get a tan
- Read 10 new books (or more)
- Scrapbooking...LOTS & LOTS of scrapbooking (maybe even finish 2010-2011 album?)
- Go to a concert at the zoo.
- Lose weight
- See the fireworks on 4 July.
- Make sweet tea more often! (like, every week!)
- Keep studying the Bible
- Sightsee in Forth Worth
- Get ice cream at Ray's...and other local places?
- Monthly visits to Eastern Market
- Keep trying new recipes (for meals AND for desserts)
And yes - being the list-maker that I am, I included dots to check off as I accomplish each item or component. Because if I'm going to make a list, I INSIST on enjoying the satisfaction of checking off items as I go.
What's on your summer bucket list?