a sunrise prayer


We pray for blessings, We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if the thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise 

This morning, I experienced a beautiful moment of grace on my commute. One was a gorgeous sunrise. The other was one of my favorite worship songs - "Blessings" by Laura Story. For the second time in a month, I have heard that song when my heart really needed it.

God is good...and kind.

Comments

Popular Posts