this week was good because of...


...a New Year's Day lunch on Free Pie Wednesday (and using a gift card!).

...this really interesting quote from Emma Thompson: "story was about taking the chaotic jigsaw of life, making it into a picture and putting a frame around it so that we could look at it, have control over it." (16 December 2013 issue of Time)


...Gru's discovery of the empty box in our living room.

...time to think and reflect.

...being reminded of the distinction between someone doing something wrong, and someone doing something that hurts my feelings.


...the amusement of saving one whole penny on toothpaste at the grocery store.

...making a lot of greeting cards.


...cutting myself some slack in deciding it's okay if I never read this whole book. I read about a third of it two summers back, and that's as far as I've gotten. I can live with that!

...a couple of good movies on DVD.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: just finished The Leftovers by Tom Perotta

Comments

Popular Posts