this week was good because of...


...the people. Normally, I have fun lists of the elements that made my week a good one. This past week, though, there was one very obvious theme - the people in my life who have blessed me in one way or another over the past seven days. Like my beautiful friend, Vintage Blonde, who came to visit for a couple of days to help with wedding crafts and brought wisdom and joy along with her (for me and for Wildcat Guy). Like the high school friend I haven't seen in who knows how long, that we had dinner with one night. Like the friends who hosted a small, delightful wedding shower dinner for me. Like my grandfather, who is taking his steadily declining health with courage, and my parents, who are finding the best possible balance between his stubborn independence and their care of him. Like my love, who is kind enough to keep me grounded when I stress for valid and ridiculous reasons.

This week reminded me to enjoy life as it is, even as we aspire to move forward.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: just finished The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Comments

Popular Posts