this week was good because of...


...cheering for his team at the annual in-state rivalry football game.

...relief at straightening out a lot of wedding details with Mom.

...this lovely post (and other messages in my devotions this week) reminding me to treasure patience and find contentment in my current place.


...this delicious, chewy thick delight of an oatmeal, chocolate chip, butterscotch cookie.

...completing four new levels of Candy Crush. (Small pleasures, people...)


...having friends over for dinner (our first guests!).

...a safe, non-weather-y trip to the dentist on Wednesday.


...finding a great tie for him to wear on our wedding day.

...the opportunity to have a genuine mentoring conversation with a student.

...this interesting article about how to date in a healthy, transparent, Christian way.

...a well-said perspective about the connection between individual and organization.


...the best apples of the year making their first appearance of the season.

...using this awesome blog reader to make life a bit simpler.


...apple pie a la mode at Mom and Dad's. (And no, this was not made with my Honeycrisps.)

...the small amusement that my students are using my way of writing dates (day first, month second) when writing their papers for my class.


...making good use of leftovers for lunch.

...a valuable reminder that I shouldn't stress about creating a "perfect" home.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: just finished The Power of Less by Leo Babauta

Comments

Popular Posts