saturday scrapbooking

At kind of the last moment, I signed up for a Saturday crop at a local consultant's house. I'm super glad I was able to go, though, because it felt good to get some pages done!


One of the challenges to deciding what pages to work on and packing supplies only ninety minutes before the crop? Making do with what I have on hand. I know I've talked about this before, but it's been interesting to see how that wi$er approach to scrapbooking has worked out for me...especially because it's so often successful! Like this page - all of the elements of which I pulled out of my "li'l box o' stuff." Lovely surprise, indeed.


It also was nice to work on pages that were (relatively speaking) more recent than other pages I've worked on in the past couple of months. (Yes, January 2012 counts as recent in my scrapbooking world!)


This page was a bit frustrating, because I had a difficult time matching colors. (This was one of those occasions when wi$e scrapbooking didn't turn out so well.)  Ehh.


It definitely became a hodge-podge of accents and pieces pulled together...


 ...that worked. Sort of. But sometimes, "sort of" is good enough - especially when, no matter how much I look at the pictures and shuffle them around, inspiration is lacking.


Thankfully, the inspiration returned for this page (and the two other accompanying pages still in progress) - again, using supplies I already had. I had originally intended to have the cake pictures tilted, but liked this better (especially since the pictures on the next page will be untilted).

Ahhh. That felt great to spend some time scrapbooking yesterday - and out of the house, too.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone and Barefoot Contessa at Home by Ina Garten

P.S. My apologies for the poor resolution on the photos...not sure what happened, but somewhere in the editing and uploading, they turned fuzzy.

Comments

Popular Posts