this week was good because of...


...celebrating our three-year anniversary with a delightful, low-key evening together.

...the enormous bear hug when he came over on Wednesday evening (after we hadn't seen each other for a week!).

...a lovely, perfectly-toned campus memorial in honor of a student who died before Spring Break.


...having a good laugh about the multiple holidays and seasons represented on the corner of the kitchen counter (and the jelly bean jar actually has Christmas candy still inside).

...time doing research for work (and remembering how much I enjoy getting to do big-picture work that complements the day-to-day I do more often).
 

...the yummy brownie drizzled in caramel and chocolate sauce that I found at the local Italian restaurant. (Microwave it for fifteen seconds, and oh my goodness!)

...a kind compliment from a campus colleague.


...quiet time for myself on Saturday afternoon (which gave me plenty of time to catch up on Project Life, among other things).

...a friend who completely understands when I decline her invitation to stop by and visit, because I'm enjoying my day to myself so much.

...being in my pajamas until 3:30 pm.

...the inspiration of this reflection on Friday afternoon (and relishing the opportunity I had to bring that concept of "stretching every minute to its deepest point of relaxation" to life over the weekend).


...giving into our cravings for Sonny's.

...laughing and enjoying all the little details in a cute movie.


...a sunny afternoon that was too cool for me to venture outside, but lovely enough to raise the blinds and let Gru sit on the windowsill.

...two different, but equally awesome concerts over the weekend - one, the women's choir on campus, and the other, an Easter celebration at church.


...going for a walk around the Loop on my last day in Wilmington.

...the opportunity to stay that extra day (even if it meant missing the first day of the work week).

...catching up and cleaning out my work emails pretty efficiently.


...a deliciously indulgent slice of chocolate cake, with chocolate frosting that tasted homemade, from the brunch buffet on Sunday.

...the comfort and relaxation of reading and napping with Wildcat Guy on the couch on a rainy Sunday afternoon.


...this super-easy recipe for very tasty homemade bread. (I will try to say more about this soon - but I shouldn't make any promises, given the zillion other posts I know I've promised.)

...a news article that piqued my interest in a book I'd not heard of.


...a safe flight home on Monday night (after a weather delay for thunderstorms).

...this hilarious graphic depicting the Metro in Washington, DC.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: The Effects of Light by Miranda Beverly-Whittemore

Comments

Popular Posts