this week was good because of...

...Friday evening on the lawn, relaxing and reading.

...the luxury of a free weekend (the first of this month!).

...gorgeous mild weather - making a free weekend even better.

...a yummy, satisfying new recipe - made in my crockpot!

...the comfort of returning to our normal Sunday routine.

...the way today's sermon really connected with the stress my heart has been feeling.

...his help designing a fun poster.

...taking advantage of a fabulous offer to try a new product.

...Gru sitting on my lap!

...Wildcat Guy sneaking a picture when I asked him to get me the camera.

...fresh corn from a local farm. Complete with a fat little worm.

...getting better at planning menus with some flexibility to include produce I pick up from the farmers' market.

...celebrating a little girl's first birthday in spirit, if not in person.

...a lovely "dinner and a movie" night with Wildcat Guy.

...the perfect thank-you cards for my student staff.

...a highly productive, "cross lots of things off my to-do list" kind of week.

...interesting developments at work that are spurring healthy debate about organizational mission and vision.

...good food and good chitchat during lunch with colleagues on the patio of a local cafe.

...learning healthy rhythms in conversations with one of my newer colleagues.

...the excitement of football season starting.

...looking forward to games - even if it's his team, not mine. (Hey, football's football.)

...an absolutely beautiful quote that was shared by a colleague and has inspired me all week long.

...time to reflect and play in my journal on Saturday afternoon.

...the tasty "using up my leftovers" version of a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup...or maybe a french bread pizza?

...experimenting with leftovers - because, as a colleague put it, what's to lose? I'd have thrown it out otherwise.

...being crafty and making a new wreath to hang next to my apartment door.

...making good use of the small chunks of down time before and after work.

...daily entries for a fantastic giveaway.

...early conversations about our wedding guest list, that promise to be interesting as we get closer to finalizing it in about a year.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: just finished Joy for Beginners by Erica Bauermeister

Comments

Popular Posts