this week was good because of...



...relaxing at a colleague's wedding.

...laughing at each other when we get annoyed by little things.



...an entertaining game of Monopoly with Wildcat Guy...that I won.

...discussing details about my and Wildcat Guy's trip to North Carolina with the friend we'll be visiting.



...my adorable kitty, who makes friends with everyone I introduce him to and openly trusts me to be a good mama to him.

...making the first two appointments in our wedding planning process.

...conversations with Wildcat Guy about wedding ideas.



...enormous blooms of Queen Anne's Lace along the walking path.

...four days of time with Wildcat Guy - relaxing, living, enjoying our "routines."

...happy news about a friend's dad's health.



...the possibility and intrigue I see in railroad tracks.

...walking not once, but twice this week.

...his company on one of those walks.



...remembering to take my camera with me on our walk past the pig farm.

...a fun conversation with a friend about the upcoming Winnie the Pooh movie.

...having tickets to see a really cool performance in the Fall with Mom, Dad and Wildcat Guy.



...reminiscing about our early relationship while I did some scrapbooking.

...the satisfaction (and wi$dom!) of using supplies I have on hand.



...a quiet Sunday afternoon for scrapbooking. (Because I'll be busy with other things on Tuesday.)

...trying "new" things with my layout designs.

...making progress, page by page, in "catching up" - in quotes because I don't think any scrapbooker is ever really caught up.



...the silly fun of picking out coordinating outfits for special events.

...a lovely, kind compliment from a girlfriend about my photos from last weekend's festivities.

...watching a movie that, even with the dramatic liberties of Hollywood, was well-done and interesting.

...the awesome trend of shorter movies. Because ninety minutes of good movie are always better than two-plus hours of average movie.



...the cute Happy Dance instructions on the back of Target's invoice.

...being called "sister" by Sister Wildcat. (And a "good sister," at that.)

...the opportunity to interact with students at freshman orientation.




...wearing my cute new wedge sandals for the first time this summer.

...lots of time to read. Seriously. I've read two novels and one memoir this week. It's been amazing.

...genuine conversation with Brothers about goals and direction.

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: just finished The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

Comments

Popular Posts