"ain't love the greatest gift of all"

It would be completely inappropriate for my only mention of a fantastic wedding to be a one-line note! Because while I was nervous beforehand about this large family affair, I had a wonderful time - spending a long weekend away with Wildcat Guy, having fun decorating on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon, and feeling like part of the family during such a special occasion.

It was an almost-perfect day. Why almost perfect? Welllllll...

...on the day of an outdoor wedding, this is not what you want to see.

Especially when, only six hours before the wedding is scheduled to begin, those dark clouds break open for an extended downpour. Eeek. I've heard it's good luck when it rains on your wedding day, but this was just a bit extreme.

Thankfully, Mother Nature swept the rain away and graced us with a lovely, sunshine-y evening on which to celebrate the wedding of Sister Wildcat (Wildcat Guy's younger sister)!

Don't we make a great-looking couple?! The day after the Royal Wedding, Sister Wildcat (like a lot of brides, I'm sure) decided that her guests should wear hats. I was hesitant, because I wasn't sure I'd find something I liked (that I was willing to pay for). But you know what? I was so happy with how my hand-crafted hat turned out!

Nobody, though, looked more gorgeous or happy than the bride! And isn't that how it should be?!

I've never gotten to sit in the front row at a wedding, so I was a little awed to be there this time. But I have to admit - it was neat to have such a perfect view of the couple exchanging their vows.

One of the challenges of being in a relationship with someone from a large family is having to learn everyone's names! This picture includes Mom & Dad Wildcat (in the center), Dad Wildcat's siblings (to the left), and Mom Wildcat's siblings (to the right). And that's just the aunts and uncles!

The wedding cake was pretty...but the groom's cake was so unique and creative - a tribute to the groom's work in the coal mines.

The newlyweds' first dance was to a song appropriately titled, "First Dance." (How have I never heard this song or this artist before?!) A lovely song, and some impressive moves!

One of the sweeter moments came after the bride and groom's first dance, when they had a song played just for Mom & Dad Wildcat, who were celebrating their 35th anniversary that day! It was great to see them smiling and laughing on the dance floor.

Reminiscent of Thanksgiving dinner, the food was delicious! Juicy turkey, creamy mashed potatoes...mmm, mmm!

After all those storm clouds, the light feathery clouds made the perfect backdrop for a sunset.

But just because the sun went down doesn't mean the fun came to an end!

There were fireworks and sparklers to ooh and aaah over...

...and plenty more dancing to be done! Wildcat Guy and his family owned the dance floor!

And at the end of the night, the opportunity to wear sparkly flip-flops in lieu of tall heels meant happy feet for this sleepeybear!

The wedding was such a beautiful occasion - and I was so glad I could be there to celebrate with Wildcat Guy, Sister Wildcat and all their family.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: Friendship Bread by Darien Gee

(blog title from "First Dance" by Corey Smith)

Comments

Popular Posts