this week was good because of...



...celebrating Easter together.

...a three-day work week (that didn't involve any rushing or scrambling to get work done), followed by a three-day weekend.

...lunch with Mom and Dad.



...an empty rocking chair in one of the atriums at the Charlotte airport. Which is something I have never been able to claim before Monday afternoon.

...re-reading a great book during a long layover. Yes. From start to finish.

...him waiting for me at the bottom of the airport escalator.



...the adorableness of my fluffy kitty.

...a lint brush that works wonderfully at managing his fluffiness.

...introducing Mom and Dad to Gru.



...a scrumptious crepe lunch before leaving Wilmington.

...staying on budget - for a second month in a row.

...inspiring, edgy worship songs during the Easter service.



...fun Easter baskets full of sweet treats...

...and a soft bunny rabbit from my love.

...a new hair stylist who did a great job with my hair.



...introducing Wildcat Guy to the deliciousness of fried mac-n-cheese.

...the first issue of a new magazine subscription arriving in my mailbox...and appreciating the wi$dom of that choice.



...an entertaining date night....

...including completely hilarious, totally random moments seen at a fast-food restaurant and in the club's parking lot.



...my wedding planner arriving!

...three words: tax refund check.



...possibly the best fries ever. And a pretty good sandwich, too.

...a student describing our meeting about her career interests as "motivational" and "enriching." Such a heart-warming moment, especially when I enjoyed the conversation, too.



...figuring out that a bracelet I made a few years ago is a great accessory for the tunic I bought last month.

...progress on my One Little Word album (and feeling like I'm in a good place with my word thus far).

What made your week good?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: For Colored Girls...by Ntozake Shange

Comments

Catt Larson said…
Congratulations on the budget for the second month! That is a very exciting accomplishment. Tell your parents hello for me. I miss them and think of them often.

Popular Posts