not even pumpkin helped!

One of the most difficult challenges I've encountered in trying to eat more healthily is finding foods my picky palate will enjoy. Sometimes the flavor itself will turn me off, but it could just as easily be the smell or even the texture of something. Yes, I'm that picky.

But in the past year or so, I've at least become more open to trying new things. Like yogurt. It's never been something appealing to me (especially since I don't particularly like a lot of fruits), until I saw this mention of pumpkin yogurt. Hmm. You know, if I'm going to try yogurt, this seemed like a good option. Because I have never had something with pumpkin that I didn't like. Plus, it seemed simple and basic - always a good combination.



So I bought some Greek yogurt, and this afternoon, being in the mood for something creamy, I decided to give it a try. Then, as I was opening the cup of yogurt, I thought, "you know, before I mix the two together, I want to taste the yogurt plain."



Bleh. Big. Mistake. The yogurt was so sour. (And no, it hadn't expired - trust me, that was the first thing I checked!) Yuck. Surely this couldn't be what everyone was so interested in. Then I realized I'd forgotten to add cinnamon.

Nope, that didn't help either. What could I possibly be missing? Were my taste buds that underdeveloped? Thankfully, after doing some research, I found out that the perception of sourness is not uncommon (see comments 55, 33, 16, ...and yet that didn't make me any less disappointed. It's hard not to be disappointed when I had to learn the very hard way that pumpkin, in fact, does not make everything better.

Oh well. At least I tried.

Where I am: home

What I'm reading: just finished The Doctor's Wife (and highly recommend it!)

Comments

OH Joneses said…
try honey-- Greek yogurt is especially hard to get used to if you ask me
Catt Larson said…
I keep trying Greek yogurt and keep failing to like it. I love a lot of foods so it's NOT just you!

Popular Posts