the second date - digging for details




My second date with Wildcat Guy was tonight. He had invited me to go hiking - or rather, he had invited me to take him hiking, since he'd never been on the trails here - and it was fantastic! He picked me up after work this afternoon, we hiked up to the western side of the mountain, and we sat there talking. And talking. And talking. For almost three hours. About so many things.

Including his divorce. Yes, I went there. We'd been talking for a while, there was a break in the conversation, and I figured I had nothing to lose by asking. And while his responses about the timing were a bit different from the information I'd found, I quickly realized that it didn't really matter. What mattered to me more was his genuine openness - his willingness to answer my very direct questions and to trust that I wasn't judging him, but rather just trying to better understand the place he's coming from, relationship-wise.

And honestly? I like that place. The way he talked about marriage tonight, and the things he's said in previous emails about what he's looking for, are oddly comforting. I feel like we have some similar perspectives, and yet we've both acknowledged that we're not interested in rushing into anything. To have that common ground makes exploring this possibility even more appealing...makes seeing where this might go all the more interesting.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: the February issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine

Comments

Popular Posts