opening the door for love




If you are seeking affection, someone who shares your core values is your best bet. The door is open for new love interests.
(This was my horoscope on Friday...go figure!)

Okay, this online dating stuff? Is hard work! It is a little bit overwhelming, and I am a little bit mentally exhausted. I’m also…

…thrilled that there’s a “not interested” button that allows me to politely decline a wink or email.

…simultaneously not thrilled that one of the guys I was most interested in decided to use that button when I winked at him. Mr. Super Tall, I’m a little sad.

…not impressed by the guy who thought it necessary to send me the “not interested” message after I sent him a polite “no thank you” email. Seriously. You contacted me. Don’t all of a sudden act like you’re not interested. Show some maturity, Mr. 39-year-old College Professor.

…confused by the high number of older men (40+) that seem to be viewing my profile. That includes you, Mr. Old Enough to Be My Dad.

…totally amused that the first guy I started talking to online is someone that a co-worker knows from church. We’ll call him Mr. Small World.

…impressed by the variety of guys I’ve been talking to – Mr. Small World, Mr. High School Football Coach, Mr. Still in School, Mr. Military Weightlifter – each with his own attractive virtues and points of potential concern.

…proud of myself for being an active participant in this process.

…super excited by (and a tiny bit nervous about) the possibilities.

Here's to whatever lies ahead!

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: I See You Everywhere by Julia Glass

Comments

Kat McNally said…
So proud of you for getting out there!
And I suspect there might be a book in this... the way you have described the journey so far has been priceless!
PS Such a cute photo of you.
Lee said…
People keep telling me there's a book in all of this...I'm just happy it's entertaining and amusing them. =)

Popular Posts