happy mardi gras!


For reasons I will never fully understand, I absolutely love the city of New Orleans - the culture, the history, the music, the food - and yes, Mardi Gras. Not just the parades and beads and revelry, but also the tradition and grandeur and simple joys.



So I was excited to celebrate Mardi Gras today in my own little ways - exchanging "happy Mardi Gras" messages with one of my best friends (who celebrates Mardi Gras in honor of her Louisiana heritage), wearing a brightly-beaded necklace reminiscent of throws but appropriate for work, and yes - baking a king cake to share with colleagues and students.



What a lovely occasion to celebrate in the midst of a snowy winter day!

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: I See You Everywhere by Julia Glass

Comments

Popular Posts