from a shoebox of scraps


I was a bit stumped with what to do for this year's Valentine's Day cards...especially because I knew I wouldn't have the opportunity to get to the scrapbook store to pick out anything great.

Then I realized I had all the supplies I needed - in a shoe box. But not just any shoe box. It's a boots-up-to-my-knees-size shoe box in which I stash paper scraps leftover from pages and projects...



...like the sheets of cut-out hearts that I made before realizing I wanted a rounder heart on my Christmas cards. **



Then I wondered what it would look like to use the hearts as flower petals...with circles cut from other scraps for the centers.



And then...well, then I just started digging through the box to find exactly the right colors to use for the backgrounds, and I put it all together. Don't they look lovely?!

Sometimes, I feel silly for keeping my big shoe box of scraps. Then I remember times like this, and keep stashing the scraps away, patting myself on the back for having this treasure trove at hand.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: I See You Everywhere by Julia Glass

** Yep, you caught me - gold hearts on two holiday cards in a row. But they're very different hearts. Really.

Comments

Kat McNally said…
Gorgeous!

Popular Posts