for seriously?


"Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of nonessentials."
(Lin Yutang)

This afternoon, while putting my plans for this week in order, I came up with a new phrase - "for seriously?" It's what came out when my brain realized how many significant work events were happening this week and tried to say "for real?" and "seriously?" at the same time.

Because any one of the events taking place this week would be something I'd spend time with...something that feels (in the language of the First Things First philosophy) important and urgent...

...like the information sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings for students interested in working in my department next year.

...like the awesome-sounding diversity program my student staff is hosting on Wednesday night.

...like the meetings on Monday, Thursday and Friday to decide where students returning to my department's staff next year will be assigned to work.

...like the judicial hearing on Friday in which I'm presenting the most serious case I've worked with to the highest judicial body we have on campus...and the many hours of preparations that go with it.

To have them all happening in one week is a little more than I can comprehend. Oh, and I can't forget to mention that my first Match.com first date is this week, too - on Tuesday evening.

For seriously?!? Here's hoping I can demonstrate the art and wisdom of successfully eliminating the nonessentials this week!

Where I am: home

Comments

Popular Posts