pressing the reset button - lovely!




Every once in a while, my to-do list gets a bit too full - it has so many details and so many tasks that I let myself get unnecessarily a bit overwhelmed. Wait, who am I kidding?! I let myself get a lot overwhelmed...like my circuits are overloading. Kind of like the hair dryer with the built-in safety feature that turns the dryer off when there's too much electric current being drawn through the wiring.

Thankfully, I am usually able to recognize when there's too much current being drawn through my mental wiring and understand when I need to take a break - even a brief one - to reset my circuits...and folks, today was that day. That day to hit Reset and get things back into some semblance of order.

And it was just what I needed. I spent the morning at Starbucks, finishing the mid-year evaluations for my student staff and transitioning some of my to-do's from the folded-up to-do list into my planner...got my hair cut and styled by my awesome stylist...had a low-key, productive afternoon in the office, checking tasks off of that same to-do list and getting things in order for next week...and treated myself to a quiet, peaceful evening at home, complete with lounging on the couch with a book and working on the assembly of my Christmas cards.

By the end of the day, I felt so much more...me. My brief moment of overwhelming "baaah!" had passed, and I was reminded once again of just how lovely life can be.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: just finished Scrapping Plans by Rebeca Seitz, and still reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Comments

Popular Posts