because local art is beautiful art




Sunday afternoon, I spent a couple of hours walking through the Kentucky Guild of Artists and Craftsmen's Fall Fair...an amazing retail showcase of super-talented people who have taken the bold step toward transitioning their artistic talents into successful business enterprises. These are just some of the artisans whose work I saw, admired and (in a few cases) purchased...

~ Turning Wheel Pottery (makers of the beautiful baking dish above)

~ Photo Bentley (takes captivating landscape photos)

~ Ken Swinson (paints unique, whimsical scenes)

~ Terra Cottage (sculpts intriguing, endearing ceramics)

~ Nora Swanson Arts (crafts stunning copper and brass jewelry)

It was inspirational to see their passion and enthusiasm for their crafts, and I loved the happy feeling of people folowing their dreams.

Where I am: home
What I'm re-reading: New Moon by Stephanie Meyer

Comments

Popular Posts