what a difference a year makes




A year ago, I began my first day of work at my new job. I had no idea what to expect...no idea how things might turn out. Rather, all I knew was how relieved I was to have finally (!) found a job in my field, and how ready to go I was.

Today, looking back, I can't believe it's only been a year. There have been so many rewards...so many blessings...so many opportunities in the past twelve months that it's easy to forget just how short of a time I've actually been here. The best part is that "here" does feel like home. I never imagined that I'd consider central Kentucky as a home...but I love where I am, both physically and metaphorically.

Whereas a year ago, life felt frustrating and confusing and discouraging, I can genuinely say that now I am so happy with my life. I have a fantastic job that challenges and engages me daily...friends near and far to make life joyful...and the reassuring sense that I am right where I'm supposed to be.

What a difference a year makes!!

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: the third installment of Dean Koontz's Frankenstein trilogy

Comments

Popular Posts