uncaptured and unforgettable


I've talked before about pictures left untaken...moments that I wish I could capture, but don't want to spoil by reaching for the camera. I realized this past weekend that in addition to moments that might be spoiled by the camera, there are also moments that can't be captured on camera. Okay, technically they could be...but the essence of those moments - the thing that makes them special in the first place - would be so difficult to capture photographically that it's better to just enjoy them and keep them tucked away in my memory.

...like the moment when I arrived at my friends' house on Wednesday evening, and their baby girl walked (walked!) toward me with her arms outstretched and a big joyful smile on her face.

...like the hours of the three of us singing along to good country, old-school rap ("parents just don't understand"..."it's such a - good vibration") and the newest Britney Spears on the late-night drive to Wilmington.

...like the mischievous laugh that accompanied Catt's look of utter surprise when she found out that Coast Guard Guy had returned her mother-in-law's phone call.

...like the peaceful bliss of sitting in the bow of Bradley's boat - feeling the sun on my face, the wind in my hair and the smile in my heart.

These are the moments that went uncaptured...that I won't have printed in my scrapbook. Yet these are moments I won't ever forget.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: the August issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine

Comments

Popular Posts