the soundtrack of my day


Sometimes, a song just grabs me...touches my heart...sticks in my mind for hours (or sometimes days!) with its sentiment or its catchy beat. Today, there have been three different songs that I've heard and not been able to let go of...songs that have made my day more thoughtful, reflective and yes - entertaining.

~ "The Potter's Hands" by Darlene Zschech
This was one of the closing songs at church this morning, and there was one particular line that I found simply beautiful - "Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me, I give my life to the Potter's hand." As I've thought today about where my path is leading, this sentiment has been particularly inspiring.

~ "You Can't Hurry Love" by The Supremes
If you happened to be at my local Starbucks this afternoon, you would have seen me choking on my laughter, trying not to make a spectacle of my amusement at how timely the playing of this song was. Because there I am, fretting about things that really don't deserve fretting, when the unmistakable opening measures of this song start rocking through the cafe. It was exactly what I needed to hear in that moment!

~ "Settlin' " by Sugarland
When I'm hanging out at home, I listen to a lot of music. Sometimes it's laidback tunes from the likes of Tristan Prettyman...other times, I need something with a bit more...energy. Early this evening, as I got some chores done, this song was the perfect remedy to listen to - and just possibly dance around my apartment to - as I remembered the importance of living my life.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: just finished Julie & Julia by Julie Powell

Comments

Anonymous said…
What'd you think of the book? Are you going to see the movie?

It (the movie) looks so good - I can't wait!

Popular Posts