"a few of my favorite" peeves


Like anyone, I have my pet peeves...little behaviors or tendencies that always annoy me when I notice them. Earlier today, I was thinking about what pet peeves bother me the most, and came up with these:

~~ drivers who don't use their headlights in the rain (especially white & grey cars).

~~ people who don't turn the lights off when they leave a room. *

~~ mothers who want to be "best friends" with their daughters.

~~ the way groceries are sorted into five dozen bags just to keep items "sorted."

~~ people who return a call without listening to the voicemail you left for them.

* which annoys me, even though I occasionally do this, too.

And I realize that some of these are stupid and so not worth my energy or attention. Yet I can't help the internal grouch that grumbles about these, random as they may be. So yeah...there they are. "A few of my favorite" peeves.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: the July issue of Scrapbooks, Etc.

Comments

Dan said…
For the record, we read (I think in Readers Digest) that you shouldn't turn off a compact fluorescent light if you're coming back in under 15 minutes.
Anonymous said…
most of the lights in your home, unless you've switched all your bulbs, are likely incandescent, not CF... generally good practice.

you'd do just as much GOOD by turning off the water as much as possible when teeth brushing and showering...

anyhooo... i was actually commenting to say that in California it is actually now illegal to drive in the rain without your headlights on... so your pet peeve would mostly dissipate.

Popular Posts