when adopting a cat...part 2




The two months of life with my kitty has been wonderful. He is sweet, loving, fun to have around...I have been really happy that I adopted Dorian. But as I've mentioned before, I'm reminded often that having him carries responsibility, too...

...like recognizing when he's having digestive problems.

...like having a conversation with the vet about stool samples and fecal baselines.

...like purchasing special low-allergen prescription cat food for him.

Sigh. The challenges of pet ownership.

postscript - Thankfully, he at least likes the expensive prescription cat food. I was worried he wouldn't eat it...but he gobbled it right up. Now we'll wait to find out if it has the desired effects.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner

Comments

Popular Posts