"i love to sing your praises"


This week, I've found myself surrounded by amazing worship music...in lovely campus concerts, from online blog radios, on my church's newly-released choir CD...it's all around me. And I'm loving it! The beautiful melodies, the inspirational lyrics...they're comforting, uplifting...like big, warm hugs set to music.

Looking for some hugs of your own? I recommend...

...Living Water, a super-talented contemporary Christian student a cappella group from Yale University.

...the song, "I Understand" - originally by Smokey Norful.

...Anonymous 4, a stunning female ensemble performing traditional hymns, shape note tunes and religious ballads.

...the song, "Your Name" - though you don't have the privilege of hearing it sung in my friend's angelic soprano voice.

...a new-to-me artist, Aaron Shust and his song "My Savior, My God."

I'm so stuck on these this week...and really wishing I hadn't just put myself on a stricter budget, because I would love to acquire some of these artists' CD's. Hmm. I guess it's a good thing these songs are so stuck in my head.

What's inspiring you this week?

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield
(lyrics from "Lord, I Lift Your Name on High")

Comments

Popular Posts