"only two types of guys out there..."


"There's only two types of guys out there:
Ones that can hang with me and ones that are scared
So baby, I hope that you came prepared
I run a tight ship, so beware."


I admit...I have pretty high standards for a guy's behaviors. Not in the sense of watching and evaluating his every move, but more in the sense of knowing that there are certain actions...certain ways of relating...that I need a guy to demonstrate. Things like confidence in himself...thoughtfulness for me and others...and yes, the ability to show me - in some way - that he's interested. Because it doesn't matter how many other people might tell me that a guy's interested...how many people he might be talking about me with...until I hear or see the sentiment from him, it doesn't really mean much. High expectations? Yeah, probably. But honestly? I figure that if a guy likes me enough, he'll make the effort to show or tell me how he feels. If he doesn't like me enough to do that, well...his loss.

But I also recognize that different guys move at different paces...that some guys may take longer to feel comfortable expressing their feelings, and that I may need to be a little more patient. And I'm okay with that. I just need to sense that - eventually - his moment will come.

Tonight, after much waiting on my part, Cute Guy's moment finally arrived. Because okay - after hanging out and spending time together for three months, it was pretty obvious that something was going on. But tonight, we had "the talk." The talk where he admitted that, even though he doesn't have a lot of experience in relationships, he likes me a lot and wants to continue spending time with me and getting to know me better. The talk where I admitted that I like him too...that even though I don't know what direction I see this going in, I do want to continue spending time with him.

Perfect? No. He and I still have lots to learn about each other...lots to figure out about how compatible we truly might be. But the simple fact that he's making the effort to communicate his feelings? Is perfect enough. For now.

Where I am: home
What I'm reading: the February edition of In Style magazine

(lyrics from "Circus" by Britney Spears)

Comments

Dan said…
Guys have feelings?
Anonymous said…
YAY!!! Finally!

Hope all continues to go well for the two of you :)

Popular Posts