twinkle, twinkle...

After my last effort to make a baby book, I was pretty sure that was not a project I wanted to try again. Granted, it would probably have been easier the second time, since I had the basic outline down...but it would still have been a big undertaking, so I was hesitant to do anything like it anytime soon. However, when one of my closest friends found out she was pregnant this past winter, I knew I wanted to make something for her...for the baby, who was born in August. So instead of making a full-length baby book, I decided to make something a little simpler...a small album to keep a month-by-month record of the baby girl's first twelve months.



Picking the album itself was easy. I've had this beautiful purple 7x7 album in my stash for a couple of years, just waiting for the perfect project...a project like this. From the star on the cover came the inspiration for the inside designs...using the lyrics of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" through the album, with two lines on each of the monthly two-page spreads.



It turned out wonderfully. I was delighted with the final product...but still nervous about whether my friend would like it. Then, yesterday, after she received the album in the mail, she sent me this text: "I totally adore the book. Thank you so much! It's really amazing and so special and so totally perfect." Which made me happy in the very best, heart-soaring way...that I can share my enthusiasm and ability for this craft with the people I love the most...such comforting inspiration and affirmation for me in this hobby I find so fulfilling!

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: the October edition of Creating Keepsakes

Comments

Popular Posts