leaping out of my comfort zone

I've talked about online dating before...that, as much fun as I have browsing the profiles, it has never felt like the right venue for me. Until recently. As I've been settling into my great new job, I've realized that I'm ready - more than ready - to settle into a great relationship, too.

But here's the catch - where I'm living now is a pretty small town...just south of one larger town and relatively close to one of Kentucky's major cities...and not one that feels like it has a very large singles scene. So even though I spend a fair amount of time in those places, I still wonder how easy it will be to meet guys. Oh, and there's another catch - in the month that I've been at the college, I've lost count of the times someone has mistaken me for one of the students. As I told a couple of friends, if a guy hits on me thinking I'm a college student, it's flattering...but he's probably not a guy I'd be interested in dating long-term.

Which means that, for the first time, I'm giving serious consideration to trying online dating. And yes...it's a prospect that makes me more than a little nervous. But then I find good-looking guys like this in my area:



and the concept of online dating seems like just a bit more fun. Haven't signed up yet...but definitely getting closer to taking one huge leap out of my comfort zone. Ah, the things a girl is willing to try to find love.

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: Everywhere magazine

Comments

Anonymous said…
If you end up joining and chatting with Match Guy 1 and things don't work out, give him my number ;)

For now, I'm content to live vicariously through you as far as online dating is concerned...

Popular Posts