disconcerted and emotional = one unsettled sleepeybear

Why disconcerted? Because my campus interview today left me conflicted. On one hand, there's this enthusiasm for the position, a resonance with the college's mission and values, and an impressive connection with the staff. On the other hand, there's a sense of doubt that they would pick me as their new colleague. Not because I'm unqualified or lacking in experience...but because of the awesome, inspiring challenges I would face in this job, and a small fear that I would not be capable of holding my own in the midst of these amazing people. Unfounded and irrational? Yes. Something I can get out of my head? No.

Why emotional? Because I finally hopped on the bandwagon and read Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series this week. Yes, that's right - I read all three books in less than a week. Honestly, my inability to put the books down once I started reading was crazy. These books are addictive...but worse, they are full of emotion. Somehow, the themes and conversations in these books really struck a chord in terms of love and relationships...an unnerving, aching chord that gnaws at my heart and has left me a bit rattled.

An interesting, if unsettling way to start the weekend...

Where I am: Lebanon, KY

Comments

Anonymous said…
Crap. If you've read them and enjoyed them, I suspect I will, too.

Guess I have to jump on the bandwagon, as well.

I have to admit, I've been wondering what all the hype is about. Much the same as I did with HP, which I LOVE (but haven't read books 6 or 7 yet - I KNOW, I'm working on it ;).

Don't stress about the interview. You'd be a great asset to their community and the right jobs will come along for both of us sooner or later :)

Popular Posts