sometimes making progress is enough

The hardest part about my job search has been my selectivity. Because I don't want just any job. I want a job that I'd enjoy, in a place I'd be happy (or at least content) living in. That means that, in the first thirteen months of looking, there have been a few positions I applied for, and a lot that I didn't. Which was frustrating. Because everyone knows the laws of frequency - the more applications you're submitting, the higher your chances of actually getting hired. So there'd been an internal storm brewing...a subconscious debate, if you will, between the part of me that was disappointed at the small number of applications I'd submitted over the past year, and the part of me that continues to believe the "right job" is on the path ahead of me.

Then, in the past month, I've submitted four applications, done two phone interviews and completed one campus interview. All in one month. And on top of that, I have a few other possibilities I'm also exploring. I can't begin to describe how gratifying that is...how much that soothes my nerves. And even though I've yet to land a job out of all of this activity, it's so rewarding to feel like I'm making progress...like I'm finally finding some measure of success in my search.

Where I am: Lebanon, KY
What I'm reading: Wicked, and The Faith Club

Comments

So, what you're trying to tell me is that I shouldn't be frustrated that my phone is not ringing, that I've only had 2 (yes, two!) interviews - both of which were at the beginning of June - despite my having sent out close to 65 application packets?

Is that right?

Cause, well, I'm thinking the Law of Frequency is not working for me...LOL

Popular Posts