"i get by with a little help from my friends"

It’s been implied that me driving to the many places that I did on my road trip may have been a bit crazy. Actually, it was a well-calculated decision.

See, originally, my one long road trip started out as three sets of weekend plans, all in a row. Weekend 1 – DC/Pennsylvania. Weekend 2 – New Bern, NC. Weekend 3 – Wilmington, NC. Each of those would have required about twenty hours on the road, roundtrip, and resulted in a very hectic couple of weeks, coming and going.







Then, about a month before the first of those weekend trips, I realized there was a way to make everything a lot more manageable and a heck of a lot more enjoyable – rather than taking three separate weekend trips, traveling back and forth from Kentucky to the east coast and back again (and again and again), why not take one long trip that essentially formed a big loop?



It sounded like a great idea with lots of benefits…I just had to figure out how to make it happen. Lucky for me, I have wonderful friends who understand my love of travel and welcome me into their homes with warmth and kind consideration. So instead of spending most of my days between weekends driving, repacking, etc., I spent them sightseeing, relaxing and enjoying more time with the people I traveled to see. It was perfect!

So while 2028 miles of driving may sound over the top, consider this: it’s merely half of what I would have driven, were it not for a little help from my friends.

Where I am: Lebanon, KY
What I’m reading: By the Light of the Moon, and The Faith Club

Comments

Popular Posts