further proof that boredom can be a baaaad thing

So you may notice that things look a bit different. I've been wanting to change the design for a while, but not really had the time or real motivation to actually do it. Until tonight, when I was a bit bored and went browsing for new templates. And what do you know?! I find this one, absolutely love it, decide to go with it. No problem, right?

Wrong. First, it turns out that Blogger has a beta version available that uses something called xml, and that to use this beautiful new template, I had to make the transition. That, in itself, should have been enough of a warning. But hey, if I can figure out enough html to play on blogger, surely I can figure out the fundamentals of xml, right? So I "upgrade" my blog and install the template.

Only to realize that this template was designed in Spanish. Now, I was a Spanish minor in college and have retained enough of it that I could have a conversation (however slow and halting it might be). But seriously? Deciphering computer language in Spanish? Yeah, that wasn't part of my coursework. I mean, when the template says, "Archivo del Blog", I know that means "Blog Archives"...but trying to figure out the rest of it is not quite as easy. I can't even figure out how to get the designer's name out of the banner. And I'm sure he's a wonderful, brilliant person - he obviously is very good at website design...I would just really prefer to not have his name emblazoned at the top of my blog.

So please bear with me while I play and learn and see what I can figure out. But don't hold your breath for too long...my patience level with computers is low enough that the old template just might stage a comeback.

Where I am: Lebanon, KY

Comments

You did a lot better than I would've, Colleen!

Love the colors.

Keep working on it...you'll figure it out. But be sure to give yourself plenty of time away from the screen, lest, you know, you feel the urge to throw it out the window in total frustration, LOL.
Dan said…
L...O...L...

Popular Posts