random travel question

Dave, Dan and I have been conversing via email about sightseeing in Boston, and the subject of travel guides came up.

Which made me wonder...what travel guide brand do you prefer?

When I'm browsing the bookstore for a travel guide, I usually end up not buying one because I'm overwhelmed by what seems like way too many choices...Fodor's, Lonely Planet, Frommer's, etc. So I fall back on the trusty AAA tourbooks, which are good reference books but never feel adequate. Maybe it's all the distracting ads, or the heavily-quantitative approach. Regardless...this quandary has made me curious to know what brand other travelers consider their go-to, and why.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts...

Where I am: Lebanon, KY
What I'm reading: The Lady and the Panda

Comments

Popular Posts