things i'm thankful for this weekend

Now there are a lot of things I'm thankful for, not just on Thanksgiving but throughout the year. You know, the standards - family, friends, health, etc. This weekend, though, there are four things I found myself particularly thankful for...or at the very least, enjoying significantly.


Thursday, it was cold enough that a post-turkey-dinner stop at Starbucks with Mom & Dad meant ordering a chai latte instead of an iced chai. Yummy. Even better, it came in one of the adorable holiday cups. Friday, it was even colder...which meant the first crackling, glowing fire of the season. Good stuff. Saturday was Boston College's senior-day 28-14 win over the University of Miami, closing the regular season with a 10-2 record and the first win over Miami since 1984. Go Eagles! And lastly, there was this afternoon's amusement - "Enchanted", which manages to uphold and poke fun at the traditional Disney princess story in a fun, endearing way. A charming movie, for sure.

Now if only I could figure out how to be thankful that my four-day weekend is coming to an end.

Where I am: Lebanon, KY
What I'm reading: The Devil's Teeth, Fast Food Nation and Ghost Ship

Comments

Popular Posts