a major automotive milestone

For a while, whenever I made it back to North Carolina to visit friends, it was usually during the course of a business trip or during a visit from Texas, either of which meant I was in a rental car. So my friends became accustomed to seeing me drive a lot of different vehicles. Earlier this year, that changed when I started showing up in Carolina with my good ol' truck.

"Sleepeybear," they'd say, "is that the same truck?" Because the truck I drive now is the same truck I drove in college...the same truck I've had for eight years. And while there are a lot of people who have told me they just don't see me as a truck girl, I love, love, love my truck! But even I was surprised that I hadn't reached this occasion sooner:


That's right...Friday morning, heading out of town on my way to North Carolina for the weekend, my odometer passed the 100,000 mile mark.

There are so many good miles in that 100,000...so many great memories and unforgettable road trips. So yes, hitting that automotive anniversary made me feel a little sentimental. Now all I can do is hope for many, many more wonderful miles out of my little red truck.

Where I am: Lebanon, KY
What I'm reading: The Devil's Teeth by Susan Casey

Comments

Popular Posts