putting the power of the internet to the test

I received the following note from my friend Catt yesterday, about the brother-in-law of a college friend of ours:

It's not so much me that needs the help, but a family member of a dear friend. His name is Tony and he was recently in a very bad car accident. Things have really been going well while in the hospital and he has even become responsive. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He has a huge support group of family and friends with him in Atlantic City and I'm confident that is helping him fight to recover.

That brings me to my second request - Do you know anybody in the Atlantic City area? Tony's family is having a hard time finding hotel rooms and the traveling back and forth is becoming tough. If you know somebody with a vacation home or something that they weren't using right now, please let me know. Thanks!

From what she's shared, calling it a "very bad car accident" is a bit of an understatement. He was thrown from his car after hitting a couple of trees, and has suffered multiple serious injuries (including punctured lungs, broken bones and other things they've not even been able to diagnose yet). Obviously, his family wants to be with him as much as possible, but the going back and forth from their homes elsewhere in Jersey to AC to be with him is becoming a burden (of time, money and most significantly, emotion)...and with AC being such a popular tourist destination, hotels aren't exactly the most cost-effective option, either.

If you know anyone who has an empty house or other accommodations available in Atlantic City that they'd be willing to share with my friend's family, please, please, please leave me a comment with your contact information. And please keep this family in your prayers...Tony is responding to treatment, but with such tramautic injuries, it will certainly not be an easy or quick recovery. Thanks!

Where I am: Lebanon, KY

Comments

Popular Posts