a little less hype, but all the entertainment

For a lot of people (myself included), the summer movie excitement has been dominated by films like Harry Potter 5 or possibly The Simpsons Movie. With so many highly-anticipated flicks, it could be easy to overlook others, like oh, "Hairspray".

But after seeing the movie with Mom this afternoon, I feel I would be doing everyone a disservice if I didn't highly recommend seeing this film. It's so much fun to watch! Yes, it's a film based on the musical based on the 1988 movie...but it's so entertaining. There's plenty to laugh at, some very sweet moments, a stellar ensemble cast (including a goofy but handsome James Marsden) and underneath it all, a beautiful concept.

So if you're looking for something light-hearted and plain fun to watch, this might be the best choice to make.

Where I am: Pennsylvania (for four more days!)

Comments

Popular Posts