because sometimes bigger is better

There are some movies that are just meant to be seen on the big screen of a theater. "March of the Penguins", the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, and "Pan's Labyrinth" are a few that come to mind, and I'm sure there are others. You know - those movies with such beautiful landscape shots and such stunning visuals that the only way to get the full effect is in the theater. Unfortunately, there are always movies that you miss seeing in the theater...that you either weren't around to see when they were released or that you just never got around to seeing. And yet, if you ever have the chance to see them in the theater, you totally would.

For me, one of those movies is "Jaws". But tonight, thanks to the innovative spirit of the local theater, I got to see "Jaws" on the big screen. And it was so cool! To see one of my favorite movies at the "larger than life" scale was fantastic, and the fact that it was an original film reel - complete with a bit of scratchiness and less-than-perfect visual quality - made it even more fun to watch. And to think I almost didn't go...so glad I changed my mind.

Where I am: Home

Comments

Popular Posts