paring it down: my scrapbook essentials

(a.k.a "further proof that I'm such a scrapbook nerd!")

In her most recent newsletter, the amazing Ali Edwards talked about essentials...the "fabulous basics that you use all the time in your creative projects." In reading over her list of the scrapbook supplies that she considers must-haves, I was inspired to write my own. This is what I use over and over, the supplies I rely on most in creating my pages, and couldn't do without:

* plain ol' scissors...that I can use for anything and everything
* my Fiskars 12" trimmer...so easy and useful (even if it occasionally cuts in a curve)
* white vellum...a softer, simpler alternative to bright white cardstock
* Basic Grey paper...love, love, love these beautiful paper collections!
* photo squares...they may be a little more time-intensive to use than other adhesives, but I love the versatility and simplicity
* Zig double-ended writing pens...lots of fun colors to choose from
* Creative Memories corner rounder...creates a minor accent that looks so pretty
* Becky Higgins' Creative Sketches books...for when I need some help getting over my scrapbook block
* my straight-line stencil...because it annoys me to have crooked lines of writing
* Creative Memories Titletopia...because the only thing more annoying than crooked writing is crooked titles made from letter stickers
* my notebook...to jot down my ideas and to plan my layouts
* my Fuji FinePix 2800 camera...because a decent camera is an essential for my scrapbooks
* Kodak Gallery...which lets me order photos in my pajamas, and delivers them right to my door

Those things, more than anything else, are what I couldn't scrapbook without.

Where I am: Atlanta, GA

Comments

Popular Posts