"happy feet" = happy sleepeybear

A little more than a year ago, I saw the first previews for "Happy Feet", and have been eagerly awaiting its release ever since. So you can imagine how disappointed I was to find out that opening weekend just happened to coincide with a little thing called National Convention (which, for the non-brothers in the audience, just happens to be one of the two major national events my fraternity sponsors each year and which I as a staff member cannot miss any part of). I mean, seriously? What are the odds that the one movie I've been looking forward to all year just happens to debut the same weekend as Convention? But it happened. And I seriously considered looking for any theater near the hotel that might possibly be showing an animated film at midnight or one in the morning.

Alas, I had to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to see "Happy Feet". I know...a whole extra week to see this movie! But see it I did, and I so enjoyed it! There is a little part in the middle that's distracting and way too environmentally political for a cartoon (even for this marine biology major)...thankfully, the rest of the movie is so cute and adorable and entertaining that that part is easy to overlook. And the opening scene with its rendition of Prince's "Kiss" - awesome! The music is such a fun part of the movie, and the dancing...well, the dancing just rocks. "Happy Feet" definitely lived up to the expectations...two thumbs waaaay up!

So go see "Happy Feet"....it'll put a smile on your face and a beat in your toes, and that's never a bad thing.

Where I am: Home

Comments

Dan said…
I feel your pain, I was right there with 007 opening on the 17th..

Of course I still haven't gotten there, but that's just cuz we're also kinda lazy.. :-)

Popular Posts