The final chapter in one book...

...leads to a first chapter in the next.

You know those decisions that you say you'll "get around to making"? The ones that probably are pretty important, but too easily fade into the background of life? Then out of the blue, something happens that makes the decision for you. Some would call it fate. Others would call it the work of a higher power. Me? I call it my life.

For the past year, a common question from friends and family has been how much longer I'd be living in Texas. Because living here was never really my choice...I came along with the former Mr. Sleepeybear. After we parted ways last summer, the choice to stay or go was all mine. Just one small problem - I didn't quite know where I wanted to go. I could go back to North Carolina, check out northern Virginia, return to Boston, or even head out to the West coast. After not making much headway on that decision, I ultimately decided that I would give myself one more year of the Texas life and then make my move next summer. Until about a month ago, and the start of some interesting conversations at work.

Turns out I won't have to make that decision. For the past couple of years, I'd been working from a home office; but the main headquarters apparently loves my company so much that they just have to have me around full-time. So in about two months, I'll pack my stuff into a moving van and make my way up to Pennsylvania. Would this have been my first choice? Most likely not...but as both Mom and Catt have declared, it's a well-timed chance to close the book on this period of my life and move on to new opportunities.

That, and I'll be a heck of a lot closer to everyone I love.

Well, almost everyone.

Where I am: Home
What I'm re-reading: The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

Comments

Anonymous said…
What?! No! Not Pennsylvania! Ok fine. Well congratulations on the move and chapter closing thing. Boo that it's to the middle of nowhere part of PA though. Boo! When do you leave? I want to see you before you go. Well, at least while I can still drive to see you. Let me know!
The Rube said…
Wow, good job! Congrats on the soon to be move out of Houston! I'm happy for you but, at the same time, a little miffed that you're going to leave me alone here in Texas :(

We shall have to squeeze in a lot of fun before you go. However, you know it's only a matter of time before you I follow you up to PA...
Dan said…
Congratulations! I think? Are you happy for PA? It's a nice state, and I'm guessing HQ can't be all that far from the outlets both being in Lancaster. Plus, who doesn't like the Amish? Before I got to the end of the post I was going to cast my vote for Northern VA, but at least we'll be in the same time zone now! Come visit and meet Katie!
:-)
Anonymous said…
You'll always be an honorary Southwesterner, no matter where you live! And congratulations! Of course they want to enjoy your company on a regular basis :-)

Popular Posts