Something way more than a hobby

"Hello, my name is sleepeybear, and I'm a scrapbook-aholic." That's how it feels, anyways. What honestly started out as a minor hobby, has lately become a major time commitment. Don't believe me? Please allow me to present:

Exhibit One: I spent ten hours at a scrapbooking workshop today. Yes, that's ten hours in one day working on my scrapbooks. (It would have been twelve, but I overslept. I could blame the alarm clock or the wrong-number phone call at 3:30 in the morning, but I'll blame Dave and his friends for keeping me out late last night. He won't mind.)

Exhibit Two: When the former Mr. Sleepeybear moved out, he took the dining room set we'd "inherited" from his grandparents with him. After a few months of looking around, Mom and Dad found a beautiful new set for me back in September. Since it's in their basement in Kentucky, though, I've been without a dining room table for over a year. So what do I do? No, I don't buy an inexpensive stand-in. I buy a work table that I can scrapbook on. Because that's a much better use of this space! (And believe me...it's getting plenty of use!)


and finally, Exhibit Three: I've registered for a scrapbook event in Charlotte, NC in August. That's right, folks...the local day-long events just aren't enough. I will now be traveling to other states to satisfy my scrapbooking habit. Actually, this is just a kickass excuse for a long weekend to visit friends...but it's still a good argument for being a little too into this "hobby".

But hey...everyone has their vices, right? My way of relieving stress is just a little tamer than others....and remarkably well designed! As an added bonus, I get to be creative and make things with my hands...like this page that I completed during today's workshop. I dedicate this page to Dave, who was kind enough to look up information for me on the robot and the vacuum chamber that are pictured here after he so boldly doubted their existence. The lesson of that conversation? Never doubt a girl with pictures!


Where I am: Home

Comments

The Rube said…
I'll be your scapegoat anyday...

Popular Posts