Inquiring minds want to know

So I was doing another student interview today, and I have to admit I was really stumped by one of the questions she asked. And when you hear it, maybe you'll think - "What's so hard about that?" Having answered this question many times before, I probably would have said the same thing...until I had to answer it today. Perhaps it's because I like to give thoughtful, informative answers to the students' questions during these interviews...but also, for the first time, I felt like my choices should be really good ones - not the same old whimsical or fanciful ones I've always used before.

Once I figured out my own answer, I began to wonder how other people would answer...and whether their answers would come more easily than mine did. So I pass the question on to everyone in internet-land:


"If you were granted three wishes,
what would you wish for?"

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: the latest edition of The Chronicle of Higher Education

snooze-buttoned: The question's been raised of what I eventually decided I'd wish for...I would choose a lifetime supply of free airline tickets, a complete collection of first-edition Dean Koontz books and a little house on the West Coast, overlooking Monterey Bay. So now that I've shared, ante up Baxter!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Definitely something to ponder. And how did you answer it today?
Anonymous said…
Are you a genie? Can you make these come true?

1. A job where I work four hours a day and get paid $1 mill a year.

2. Unlimited travel funds for airline travel, hotels, car rentals, food, photos, souviners and other necessities.

3. A big house with a bowling alley, a pool and a slurpee machine.
FINN said…
Hi C

this was too good not to pass up

#1 I have to one up Karen... I want to work four hours a YEAR, and get paid the million bucks :P

#2 World Peace

#3 True Love [or does that come with World Peace? *shrug*]

Cya
~Finn

Popular Posts