What I've learned in a year...

- that anger can be a positive, therapeutic emotion (who knew?!),

- that I have an amazing circle of family and friends (actually I knew this before...but this was a good reminder),

- that laughter (especially the darkest, driest kind) is truly the best medicine,

- that moving on can be a wonderful journey,

- that life doesn't end when my heart gets broken (even though it sure as hell felt like the end was just around the corner when it first happened!),

- that time and travel heal even the deepest wounds,

and most importantly:

- that my heart is stronger than my love for one person.

So please raise your glasses with me to toast the passing of a difficult year, the beauty of living and enjoying life on my own terms, and the luxury of stretching out while I sleep...cheers!!

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are the strongest woman ever! I am so proud of you. Here's to the begining of another year where you will continue to be all awesome and amazing! Go Lee! Go Lee! Go Lee! Go! Whee!!
The Rube said…
Wow. I'm totally impressed by your positive attitude and optimism. And what you said was true...you really do have awesome friends ;)
Anonymous said…
I know that Kerry is the wind beneath my wings, but you are my hero! You are absolutely amazing :-) Here's to another year of amazing-ness!

Popular Posts