Ski School: The Sequel

So a couple of weeks back, in the midst of my Ohio journey, I got to spend the weekend in Cleveland with my friend Kristy. Initially, we weren't sure what we wanted to do, but I wasn't worried...I knew we'd find something. (That, and well, even when we're not doing anything, we seem to entertain ourselves and laugh a lot.) Then Kristy heard an ad on the radio for Ladies' Night skiing from 10:30 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. at a place called Brandywine. Since we'd had such a good time during last year's ski trip , we decided that sounded perfect! I mean, who passes up free lift tickets?!



But I have to admit...I was curious to see how the actual skiing would go. Would Kristy spend half the night on her ass? Or would she master the art of snow plowing, and possibly even be able to stop without falling over? (The suspense is killer, isn't it?!)



And you know what? She didn't fall once on the slopes! She still zooms down the hill like a full-speed maniac, but it's a controlled zoom...when she gets to the bottom, she stops without plopping over in the snow. I was so proud of her!!



We had an absolutely fantastic time, and it was so cool to be skiing in the middle of the night...cold, but cool. It even snowed while we were out there, and there's something very magical to me about skiing while the snow falls down around you. Okay, so I just like being silly and riding the lift with my tongue stuck out to catch the snowflakes. It's still pretty neat.

Crazy to think I was playing in the snow only two weeks ago, when it's eighty-some degrees in Houston this weekend.

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: The Chamber of Secrets

Comments

Dan said…
This has nothing to do with skiing, but you ROCK for planning for the return (finally!) of Alias next month!

Popular Posts