Shameless adoration of a friend

When I became a region consultant for my fraternity a couple of years ago, there were a lot of thoughts that went through my head...could I do a good job, would my chapters be open to my suggestions and so on. Nowhere in all of that did I stop to wonder what it was going to be like to work side by side with these other three consultants for the next year of our lives...nor did I wonder what it would be like to essentially live with these three unfamiliar individuals for the first three weeks of our term, as we experienced the grand adventure of RC training. I just don't think to worry about things like that.



Fortunately, I ended up working with three absolutely amazing people...all of them are passionate, talented, funny, personable, intelligent, able to have fun doing just about anything, even a little bit goofy...yet each of them has their own little quirks that have endeared them to me that much more. For example...Josh. When I think of Josh, I immediately think of two things - movies and music. (Well, okay, maybe more than two...but those are the only two that will make sense to everyone else without detailed explanation.) Josh has this amazing mental encyclopedia of knowledge about movies and music, and what truly impresses me is his wide-ranging taste in genres. Because of this broad taste, his mix CD's are some of the best I've ever heard...because they're not a sampler of country music or rap music or pop music...they're a sampler of good music, regardless of genre.

So how thrilled was I this weekend when he emailed a bunch of his friends to ask if we'd like to be included in a "song of the day" listserv?! Like I'm going to turn down a daily dose of handpicked tunes from Josh! So far, it has truly been an eclectic mix: Paul Simon, Tsunami Bomb and Third Eye Blind...and yet I've liked every song he's sent. Even better, the music is accompanied by a short little note with insights about the song. Totally awesome!

Now you're sitting there thinking, "Please tell me there's a point to all this shameless adoration." Well, as a matter of fact, there is. If you like music and like hearing different sounds, this is your opportunity to sign up for Josh's "song of the day" list. (And yes, I asked him if it was okay for me to throw this out there! Silly people!) Just leave your email address in a comment, and I'll pass them along to him. Trust me...you won't be disappointed!

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well I'd certainly be up for that. If I gather up enough music, eventually I'll have the perfect excuse to go buy a full size iPod!

Kerry (kerryh@NOSPAMgmail.com)
Anonymous said…
seriously sign me up.

if you need my email to forward to josh, I will email you. :)

Also, is this a one-sided listserv or can anyone send music?
The Rube said…
sounds like a great idea. Put me down.
Anonymous said…
I like cool stuff. I liked his selection on your Convention 05 CD. Me too! karensplace@gmail.com
Anonymous said…
I'm in! tootlebug_81@hotmail.com

And thanks for the postcard!

Popular Posts