Laughter is the best medicine ever!

Yesterday and today were bad days. Forget the optimism or seeing the sunny side...they were just bad. There wasn't any one thing that completely blew, either...it was more like a snowball, where things piled on to the point I seriously considered crawling under the covers to stay for an extended vacation...one of those times you want to ask, "What else could happen?", but are afraid to. Little things like the weirdness of being back in Texas after three back-to-back trips, finding out last night that one of my grandfathers passed away (although thankfully not the one I'm close with), the modem of my work computer completely malfunctioning (which couldn't have come at a worse time), having to work around dumb people's mistakes first thing in the morning, even burning my thumb on my Foreman grill, and other things I'm sure I've purposefully forgotten...it sure adds up quickly.

Then a friend of mine called, and even though we didn't talk long (at least, not by our standards), our conversation was just long enough that I got to have a few really good laughs. And you know what? It was just what I needed. Even though I still have a lot to deal with tomorrow (especially for work), being able to laugh broke the ice just enough that I can go back to being even a little optimistic. It's such a blessing to have friends I can rely on for laughter when I need it most.

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: just finished Forever Odd by Dean Koontz

Comments

Popular Posts