My weekend at the movies

So this weekend, I saw not one but two movies. What can I say?! There are just too many choices out there right now, and I was trying to be out of the house as much as possible. (You'd have done the same after working nose to the grindstone all week from your home office.) Here's what I saw, and what I thought.

King Kong - It was a good movie...in fact, I agree a lot with what Dave says about it. It was very entertaining, and very impressive visually. But I had two small problems with it. First (and you'll understand once you see it), this is not a film for those who get the heebie-jeebies from creepy-crawlies. But all the creepy creatures were a bit overdone, almost like Peter Jackson told his team to come up with as many different predators as they could, and by golly they'd all fit in the movie. That was minor, though, and you have to give the team props for really bringing those things to life (squirm). My second hesitation about the film is that, as good as it was, I still can't decide if I actually liked it. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I know that after seeing the movie Saturday morning, I spent a good part of that afternoon trying to figure out why I hadn't loved it. (If I muddle through and come up with a reason, I'll be sure to share.) I highly recommend seeing it, though.

Next up was Chronicles of Narnia - I really enjoyed this one! I've been a longtime fan of the book, and think the production team did a relatively strong job of bringing the book to life. The guy who plays Mr. Tumnus the Faun is great, and little Lucy is adorable. Best of all is how real the animals and all the environments seem. This was extremely entertaining, and a fun way to pass a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon.

Two down...handfuls more to go.

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: Watchers by Dean Koontz

Comments

Popular Posts