Memoirs of a Geisha

So Mom and I drove over to Lexington this afternoon to see "Memoirs of a Geisha"...what a beautiful movie! After reading the critics' reviews, I was pretty impressed with Rob Marshall's adaptation of the novel onto the big screen, and the visuals are absolutely stunning. I'm curious to know how people who've not read the book will like it...some of the larger issues and conflicts seemed skimmed over in a way I don't think I'd have completely understood was I not a huge fan of the book. But maybe that's what I liked about the film...it brought this fantastic book to life, without overdoing it. Definitely one I recommend.

On a sidenote, we also made a stop at a favorite bookstore, Joseph-Beth, where I found a couple of cards with fantastic inspirational quotes that I feel compelled to share:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the number of moments that take our breath away."
(anonymous)

"May the sun bring you new energy by day,
may the moon softly restore you by night,
may the rain wash away your worries,
may the breeze blow new strength into your being.
May you walk gently through the world
and know its beauty all the days of your life."
(Apache blessing)

Both of them made me smile...I hope they do the same for you.

Where I am: Kentucky
What I'm reading: Body Farm by Patricia Cornwell

Comments

Popular Posts