A thoughtful moment

As I pack my bags to head home for Thanksgiving in the morning, I was inspired by Yoga Girl to reflect on what I'm thankful for this year...

  • my wonderful and dear Mom and Dad, who continue to amaze me with their unwavering support, well-sowed wisdom and well-timed humor,

  • the friends who make every day interesting, and whose kind words and open ears made a difficult summer so much easier to bear,

  • my dearest friends, for teaching me that it’s okay to be angry and biased, for keeping me focused on the journey ahead instead of the road behind, and for reminding me that life moves on

  • having an amazing and challenging job that allows me the unique opportunity to combine a personal passion (Phi Sigma Pi) with my professional aspirations (as a student affairs professional),

  • a creative talent just good enough to offer a pleasant diversion from the craziness I call life,

  • the faith and comfort of knowing that all things in life have a purpose, that even the obstacles you encounter move you closer to your dreams, and most importantly, that your life is not defined by what happens to you but by how you respond.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

Comments

Popular Posts